How to Mount an ISO (Any CD/DVD) Image to a Virtual Drive Using Daemon Tools Lite
Daemon Tools is one of the most popular program that offers easy tools for making simple disc image files and emulating virtual CD/DVD drives. Using this software, one can view and work with a CD/DVD image as though it is on a real disc!
If you are testing your digital content before burning it on a real disc, you can create a CD/DVD image and use Daemon Tools. This can save you discs and time taken to repeatedly burning new discs each time you find issues!
Steps on how to mount a CD/DVD image to a virtual drive
Follow these easy steps to mount a CD/DVD image to a virtual drive using Daemon tools:
You require the following :
Once the above is out of the way, do the following:
- Daemon Tools Lite
- The CD/DVD image you wish to mount. This could any of these formats : *.mdx, *.mds/*.mdf, *.iso, *.b5t, *.b6t, *.bwt, *.ccd, *.cdi, *.bin/*.cue, *.ape/*.cue, *.nrg, *.pdi, *.isz
- Right click on the Daemon Tools Lite icon on the task bar ()
- Select "Virtual Devices"
- Select "Device 0:" . If you cannot see Device n: - where n is a number, the see the section on "Add new virtual drive"
- Click on "Mount Image"
- A Window will open for you to select the image you want to mount. Select an image
- Click open to mount the selected image . See the steps in the image below:
The image you have selected to mount on the virtual drive opens just like inserting a CD/DVD to drive. If you have CD auto open setting on, then the autorun file on the CD/DVD image will run automatically.
If for some reason you would like to mount more than one image, Daemon Tools provides an option to add new virtual drive
To add a new virtual drive, follow these steps:
- Right click on the Daemont Tools icon on the task bar -
- Select "Virtual Devices" then click on "Add SCSI Virtual Drive". See image below:
- If all goes well, you should see the window below:
Keep on writing and cuhgnigg away!
Post your Comments